Lupulin Libations

The name says it all.

Lupulin glands are the tiny little yellow pockets of goodness in a hop cone that contain some essential ingredients for aroma and flavor in beer.

A libation is an alcoholic beverage, and of course beer fits into that category.

Lupulin Libations is dedicated to everything beer. I offer you a chance to have an experience with beer through my organized tasting sessions.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Coborn's Tasting this Friday

Yep, it's once again time to sample our favorite type of beverage at the Hastings Coborn's Liquor. This Friday, February 25th, I'll be pouring delicious tastiness from 2 breweries we just recently welcomed into the store: Furthermore and Odell.

Furthermore is a quality brewer based in Spring Green, Wisconsin. I've enjoyed their brews for years, and quite frequently recommend them to friends. Three of their varieties will be present on Friday:
  • Knot Stock
  • Makeweight
  • Proper
I first tried Odell at their brewery in Colorado, long before we had access to them in Minnesota. When I got back home, I checked with my fellow beer geeks to see if I could get some and was pretty disappointed to find out it wasn't available here. Then, last year, Odell finally broke into our home state. I was ecstatic! Here are the Odell brews available for Friday:
  • 5 Barrel Pale Ale
  • 90 Shilling
  • IPA
Be sure to stop by the store this Friday between 4:30 - 8:30pm to taste some brews and chat with me about my favorite subject: Beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment