Lupulin Libations

The name says it all.

Lupulin glands are the tiny little yellow pockets of goodness in a hop cone that contain some essential ingredients for aroma and flavor in beer.

A libation is an alcoholic beverage, and of course beer fits into that category.

Lupulin Libations is dedicated to everything beer. I offer you a chance to have an experience with beer through my organized tasting sessions.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Beer Brief #1 - Lucky Bucket Certified Evil

Welcome to the first of a new kind of post on Lupulin Libations. I've decided to start doing quick sessions with non-local brews that I'll call "Beer Briefs." They still contain some good info about the beers, but they'll be very concise and to-the-point. Don't worry, I'll still continue posting my full-fledged sessions with local products in between these mini sessions. Now, onto the 1st Beer Brief:


Brewery - Lucky Bucket Brewing in La Vista, Nebraska

Beer - Certified Evil

Style - Belgian Strong Dark Ale

ABV - about 10% (according to brewer's video)

Color - Black

Aroma - Coffee, chocolate, herbal spice, slight dark fruit

Flavor - Imperial Stout crossed with Belgian spice, roasted coffee beans, unsweetened chocolate, black pepper, hint of ripe cherry and figs, good bitterness

Verdict - I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment