Lupulin Libations

The name says it all.

Lupulin glands are the tiny little yellow pockets of goodness in a hop cone that contain some essential ingredients for aroma and flavor in beer.

A libation is an alcoholic beverage, and of course beer fits into that category.

Lupulin Libations is dedicated to everything beer. I offer you a chance to have an experience with beer through my organized tasting sessions.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Beer Brief #36 - Bellerose



Brewery - Brasserie de Sources, St. Amand les Eaux, France

Beer - Bellerose
Style - Biere de Garde crossed with a Belgian IPA
ABV - 6.5%

Color - Light copper with long-lasting bright white head
Aroma - Lemon, ginger, herbal spice, cotton candy, chamomile
Flavor - Bready malt, honey, hard to describe strong floral character, green tea, gentle bitterness
Verdict - Wow. This beer's flavors are hard for me to describe, but I know I like them. It's the first time I think I've had a beer that tasted this "floral" and I'm really enjoying it. I will officially be dubbing this beer my favorite brew to come out of France. Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment