Lupulin Libations

The name says it all.

Lupulin glands are the tiny little yellow pockets of goodness in a hop cone that contain some essential ingredients for aroma and flavor in beer.

A libation is an alcoholic beverage, and of course beer fits into that category.

Lupulin Libations is dedicated to everything beer. I offer you a chance to have an experience with beer through my organized tasting sessions.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Beer Brief #39 - Brimstone


Brewery - Boom Island Brewing Company, Minneapolis, MN

Beer - Brimstone

Style - Tripel

ABV - 9.5%

Color - Yellowish gold with a long-lasting eggshell white head

Aroma - Honey, lemongrass, peach, cotton candy, herbal spice

Flavor - Matches very well with the aroma along with a touch of bubble gum and black pepper, dry and warming alcohol presence

Verdict - I am very impressed with this tripel. I had tried Boom Island's first 2 beers at a beer festival just after they opened a while ago and wasn't sure about them. However, this beer is definitely a winner in my book. I believe that means I need to revisit those first two brews, as well as try their others for the first time. I really, really like this beer! Keep up the good work, Boom Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment