Lupulin Libations

The name says it all.

Lupulin glands are the tiny little yellow pockets of goodness in a hop cone that contain some essential ingredients for aroma and flavor in beer.

A libation is an alcoholic beverage, and of course beer fits into that category.

Lupulin Libations is dedicated to everything beer. I offer you a chance to have an experience with beer through my organized tasting sessions.

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Beer Brief #41 - Ode to a Russian Shipwright (2011 Vintage)


Brewery - Olvalde Farm and Brewing Company, Rollingstone, MN

Beer - Ode to a Russian Shipwright - 2011 Vintage

Style - Imperial Stout Porter brewed with spruce tips

ABV - ??? Nothing listed, I've heard around 8%

Color - Opaque black, doesn't even let any light pass through the edges, thick tan head

Aroma - Rye toast, bit of roast, hint of chocolate, acidity, pine, earthy

Flavor - Toffee, prune, coffee, slighty nutty, blueberry, lingering bitterness

Verdict - I remember enjoying this brew very much when I first tried it. Now with some age on this bottle, I think it might be even better than when it was fresh! Very good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment