Lupulin Libations

The name says it all.

Lupulin glands are the tiny little yellow pockets of goodness in a hop cone that contain some essential ingredients for aroma and flavor in beer.

A libation is an alcoholic beverage, and of course beer fits into that category.

Lupulin Libations is dedicated to everything beer. I offer you a chance to have an experience with beer through my organized tasting sessions.

Friday, June 22, 2012

Beer Brief #19 - Rye Wyne Ale

 
Brewery - Brau Brothers Brewing Co., Lucan, Minnesota

Beer - Rye Wyne Ale
Style - Rye Wine aged in Templeton Rye Whiskey barrels
ABV - 11%
Color - Dark, deep red-brown with an off-white head
Aroma - Molasses, vanilla, whiskey, oak, rye spice
Flavor - Spicy, sweet, and delicious rye malt, caramel, oaky goodness, slight alcohol, and a bit of friendly whiskey that pops in to say hello
Verdict - Extremely tasty combination of beer and whiskey. I'm lovin' every sip. The alcohol is definitely present, especially noticed by the warming in my throat, but doesn't overwhelm or undermine all the tasty flavors. I'm glad I bought 2 bottles...

No comments:

Post a Comment