Lupulin Libations

The name says it all.

Lupulin glands are the tiny little yellow pockets of goodness in a hop cone that contain some essential ingredients for aroma and flavor in beer.

A libation is an alcoholic beverage, and of course beer fits into that category.

Lupulin Libations is dedicated to everything beer. I offer you a chance to have an experience with beer through my organized tasting sessions.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Hastings' Best Craft Beer Bar Re-evaluation?

Hmmm...

Back in January, I made a post about RJ's Tavern in downtown Hastings, calling them the best craft beer bar in town. Now, it appears that things have been changing at some of the other local bars, and I may have to re-evaluate the whole situation.

For example, last night I visited The Bar (yep, that's the name of the place). About a week ago, they finished putting together a whole new tap system that includes 30 beers. And these beers aren't just a collection of products from AB-Inbev and Miller-Coors; craft beers dominate the tap list.

While I was there, it was happy hour. Wednesday's happy hour deal was two-for-ones. The special was pretty nice because, if you bought a craft beer, your second drink could be any of the other craft beers. So, I had 4 tasty brews last night: Lucette The Farmer's Daughter, Deschutes Inversion IPA, Brau Brothers Moo Joos, and Bell's Oberon.

Minnesota craft beers were well represented in the selection, with choices from Summit, Schell's, Fulton, Surly, and Brau Brothers. There are also handy laminated beer lists sitting on the bar to aid people in making their difficult decisions.

I definitely need to reconsider my choice for Best Craft Beer Bar in Hastings, but I may have to do a little more research, first...

No comments:

Post a Comment