Lupulin Libations

The name says it all.

Lupulin glands are the tiny little yellow pockets of goodness in a hop cone that contain some essential ingredients for aroma and flavor in beer.

A libation is an alcoholic beverage, and of course beer fits into that category.

Lupulin Libations is dedicated to everything beer. I offer you a chance to have an experience with beer through my organized tasting sessions.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Beer Cookie

Every year for Valentine's Day, my wife makes me a giant heart-shaped cookie. She even has a big cookie sheet that's in the shape of a heart which she uses specifically for this purpose. I really look forward to it because it is one of the only times of the year that she cooks/bakes for me. We were very busy this year, so she didn't get to make it until recently. Better late than never, right?

She always uses a different recipe, so I'm never sure what it will taste like. This year, I was pleasantly surprised to find she had made a beer cookie! My wife knows me well...

She found the recipe here. After reading some of the suggestions in the comments, she made a few modifications. She added more flour, 3/4 of a bag of chocolate chips, and 3/4 of a bag of Heath pieces. Since this was a beer cookie, she needed to add some of that tasty goodness. She checked our downstairs fridge and decided to use a bottle of the 2009 Anchor Christmas Ale that I had left. I believe it was the perfect choice! That beer is like a dark brown ale or porter with a lot, and I mean a lot, of spices added to it. She thought it would compliment the brown sugar and the cinnamon in the recipe, and she was right!

This was a delicious cookie and if you're a beer nut, you should give it a try. Feel free to make your own modifications!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! Yay for Poopsie! Can't wait to try it. What a wonderful wife she is :0)

    ReplyDelete