Lupulin Libations

The name says it all.

Lupulin glands are the tiny little yellow pockets of goodness in a hop cone that contain some essential ingredients for aroma and flavor in beer.

A libation is an alcoholic beverage, and of course beer fits into that category.

Lupulin Libations is dedicated to everything beer. I offer you a chance to have an experience with beer through my organized tasting sessions.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Best Craft Beer Store in Hastings

Being the guy who wants to find a quality six-pack when I'm away from home, I've noticed it can be hard to zero in on which liquor stores in a given area best cater to the craft beer drinker. Often, I have nothing to go by except the store's sign(s) and/or name familiarity. I also know other beer drinkers who run into the same problem. So, I have decided to start an occasional series of posts that will be dedicated to finding the best craft beer stores in Minnesota cities. The first of these posts should help people searching for beer in my hometown, Hastings.

If you find yourself needing a tasty six-pack while visiting (or passing through) the southeast metro city of Hastings, I recommend you head over to Coborn's Liquor. For the sake of full disclosure: I work 4 shifts per month at this store. Because of that, it may seem like I would be slightly biased. However, there are reasons I came to the decision to do some part-time beer work with this business.

There are 2 liquor stores in Hastings that have what I consider a good craft beer selection. Coborn's Liquor is one of them. Craving a tripel, doppelbock, imperial stout, Flanders red, British bitter, Wee Heavy, saison, or IPA? They have all that and much more.

Want a little variety in your six-pack? The Coborn's Liquor Mix-Your-Six section has no equal in Hastings. Pick and choose what you'd like to try from a nice, big selection. The beers are grouped by style to make your search easier, and there's a nice flat price of $9.99 per six-pack, which keeps you from getting shocked at the register.

The Hastings Coborn's Liquor does have another thing that helps it stand out: great customer service. The staff is very knowledgable, helpful, and friendly. This service goes a long way towards enhancing your craft beer shopping experience. Can't find the beer you want? I found out long before I worked there that you can ask the store manager, Keith, to order the beer you're looking for. He's happy to bring it in for you.

So, to summarize: Good craft beer shopping in Hastings = Coborn's Liquor. Next time you're in my neck of the woods, stop in and browse the selection. If you don't know what you're looking for, ask. A helpful staff member will aid you in your search.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment