Lupulin Libations

The name says it all.

Lupulin glands are the tiny little yellow pockets of goodness in a hop cone that contain some essential ingredients for aroma and flavor in beer.

A libation is an alcoholic beverage, and of course beer fits into that category.

Lupulin Libations is dedicated to everything beer. I offer you a chance to have an experience with beer through my organized tasting sessions.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Best Craft Beer Bar in Hastings

Not too long ago, I made my first "Best Craft Beer Store" post. It's a series I hope to continue by visiting other local cities' liquor stores thoroughly in the future. However, I've already decided to expand the "Best" idea to include local watering holes that serve tasty brews. Hence this post, the first "Best Craft Beer Bar" post on the Lupulin Libations blog. Of course, I had to start with my hometown of Hastings.

Hastings doesn't have many options for bars that serve good craft beer, but in my visits to the local establishments I have found there is one standout: RJ's Tavern in downtown. Now, keep in mind that this local staple isn't a huge craft beer powerhouse. In fact, I went there on my 21st birthday and guzzled a few MGDs way back when they only had a couple big macros on tap. Things have changed a bit since then (imagine that), and now it's my favorite bar in town. What RJ's does well is a great pub atmosphere, good burgers and sandwiches, and the best craft beer selection in Hastings.

When you walk into RJ's Tavern, the look and feel of the (somewhat) recent remodel and expansion may strike a chord. You'll see a lot of dark stained wood, a rough rock wall, and the big, central horseshoe bar with it's copper counter-tops and stained glass lights. It definitely feels like a good place to sip some suds.

Belly up to the bar and notice that 11 of their taps are reserved for craft beer and imports. Check the beer list and you'll see that they also have bottled craft beer available, including at least one variety in a 22 ounce bomber. In my own visits, I've had delicious brews like Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Wild and Stone Arrogant Bastard in bombers. Tasty, tasty goodness, available for a beer lover's pleasure.

Looking for burgers and sandwiches? You're in luck! Browse the menu and check out their many tastily topped and stuffed burgers, along with their non-burger sandwich options. The food is a great accompaniment to the brews.

Next time you're in Hastings and looking for a place to stop for beer and food, make sure you visit RJ's Tavern, the Best Craft Beer Bar in town.

2 comments:

  1. Fun pub to visit! May I also suggest Brady's Brewhouse in New Richmond, WI. Both have Great Beer, Great Food and Great People.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dan. I've been hearing good things about Brady's Brewhouse from some other people, as well. One of these days, I'll have to make a day trip into Wisconsin with the family so I can check it out.

    ReplyDelete