Lupulin Libations

The name says it all.

Lupulin glands are the tiny little yellow pockets of goodness in a hop cone that contain some essential ingredients for aroma and flavor in beer.

A libation is an alcoholic beverage, and of course beer fits into that category.

Lupulin Libations is dedicated to everything beer. I offer you a chance to have an experience with beer through my organized tasting sessions.

Friday, February 17, 2012

Coborn's Tasting - IPA Battle #1

Tomorrow, Saturday February 18th, I'll be pouring samples at the Hastings Coborn's Liquor. For the last store tasting, I chose a new format and pitted 6 beers against each other in a Stout Battle. It was a lot of fun to have people choose their favorite and see a clear winner emerge.

And the winner of the Stout Battle was...

Buffalo Sweat from Tallgrass Brewing (the clear second place choice was Moo Joos from Brau Brothers, none of the other 4 were even close)

Since the Stout Battle seemed to work out so well, I'm going to do a few more of these types of tastings. Tomorrow will be the first of a few IPA Battles. We have so many IPAs in the store that I'll have to sample them in stages. Then, eventually, I hope to put the winners of each of those tastings into a final battle.

Which beers will be in tomorrow's fight for your tastebuds? I haven't decided yet. I may even let each of my coworkers choose their favorite IPA to submit to the competition. You'll have to stop by the store anytime from 1-4pm to see who the contenders are and cast your vote.

If you love hoppy, bitter beers, you need to pay me a visit tomorrow. I hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment