Lupulin Libations

The name says it all.

Lupulin glands are the tiny little yellow pockets of goodness in a hop cone that contain some essential ingredients for aroma and flavor in beer.

A libation is an alcoholic beverage, and of course beer fits into that category.

Lupulin Libations is dedicated to everything beer. I offer you a chance to have an experience with beer through my organized tasting sessions.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Walking Man Brewing

Yesterday, my friend and I arrived in Portland, Oregon. It was the first day of our week-long beer journey in this state. Needless to say, I was pretty excited. As a part of our Oregon beer experience, I rented a car so we could drive to Hood River for a couple days. On the way there, we took a slight detour and visited Stevenson, Washington, based upon the recommendation of a fellow beer blogger. The reason for going out of our way? To visit Walking Man Brewing.


Walking up to the entry door, I was immediately intrigued. After taking a quick pic, we stepped inside to a small, but very cool pub atmosphere. I took a quick video that shows the layout, which I may post at a later date. There was a giant chalkboard listing the 10 brews they currently had available and, of course, a list at every table. Here's the selection:


Without question, I knew I had to get the sampler. I tried all 10 brews, and every single one was very well done. To go with the beer, I ordered some of their IPA braised chicken wings. Tasty beer and delicious wings; I was definitely having a great time on my first day of the trip. Here's a look at the sampler (after a couple had been tasted):


After chatting with the bartender for a bit, he gave us a bonus taster of his favorite: a blend of their IPA and pale ale. Very good stuff. If this experience is any indication of how the rest of my trip will be, I can't help but be ecstatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment