Lupulin Libations

The name says it all.

Lupulin glands are the tiny little yellow pockets of goodness in a hop cone that contain some essential ingredients for aroma and flavor in beer.

A libation is an alcoholic beverage, and of course beer fits into that category.

Lupulin Libations is dedicated to everything beer. I offer you a chance to have an experience with beer through my organized tasting sessions.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Refreshing beer

This past Memorial weekend, I was not one of the many people that went on vacation, whether it be camping, visiting relatives, staying at a lake resort, etc. No, I was one of the few who volunteered to help my good friend work on a big, labor intensive project: re-roofing his house. I can feel some of you wincing at just the thought of it...

We started on Friday and worked until 9pm on Memorial Day. I have helped other friends in the past with roofing, but I have to say that this was the worst one. Murphy must have been watching us work on the house. First, we had problems with tear off. Then, with the new drip edge. Then another problem, and another, and another. It was painful at times, physically and mentally.

What does all this have to do with beer? Well, like a good friend should, he provided us with food and beverages in exchange for our hard work. Don't worry, we weren't drinking adult beverages while we were working. Although I did drink more Gatorade than I can ever remember consuming before...

When we decided to stop at the end of each day, there was a beautiful cooler full of beer waiting for us. Inside was a nice mix of tasty craft brews. Almost all of them were quite appropriate for drinking after a hard days work in the hot sun. I don't think beer has ever tasted so good or been so easy to drink. 3 in particular stood out, and I will be sure to keep those 3 on hand if I ever need to tackle a tough summer project myself. They had awesome flavor without being too heavy and were quite thirst-quenching. The 3 beers were:
Keep these tasty brews in mind for any free labor that you may need in the warmer months. Your "hired" helpers will really appreciate them. I know I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment