Lupulin Libations

The name says it all.

Lupulin glands are the tiny little yellow pockets of goodness in a hop cone that contain some essential ingredients for aroma and flavor in beer.

A libation is an alcoholic beverage, and of course beer fits into that category.

Lupulin Libations is dedicated to everything beer. I offer you a chance to have an experience with beer through my organized tasting sessions.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Beer Dinner Cancelled

When I got home yesterday after work, my wife checked our voicemail. There was a message that really disappointed me. The Hastings Green Mill has cancelled their New Belgium beer dinner which had been scheduled for Wednesday evening. Apparently there was a lack of interest and they couldn't justify having the dinner for so few people. I've been thinking about it, and have 2 different reasons for my disappointment:
  1. I was really looking forward to this beer dinner, which I made reservations to attend with my wife.
  2. The fact that a lack of interest caused the cancellation, especially during Craft Beer Week.
The thing that surprises me is I think I'm more disappointed about reason #2. I wonder if the location had anything to do with it (Hastings), or maybe the restaurant didn't promote the dinner enough. Who knows? I hope that my blog and business can change people's ideas about craft beer and help to generate more interest for events like this in the future.

One thing is for sure: My wife and I have decided to plan our own beer dinner for Wednesday night. It will be more work, but should also be a lot of fun!

2 comments:

  1. Nick,

    its a travesty that the dinner had to be cancelled. I am taking my Candian Aunt & Uncle to a New Belgium tasting on June 3rd, in Washington, D.C. This is not to rub it in, but rather to wish you success with your own dinner and greater hapiness than any restaurant could provide you. Here's looking towards Wednesday. Prost!

    -Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Mike, it's really too bad that they had to cancel it. Oh well. I'm definitely looking forward to Wednesday evening. Have fun at your beer dinner! (Don't worry, I didn't think you were rubbing it in.) Thanks for the comment!

    Nick

    ReplyDelete