Lupulin Libations

The name says it all.

Lupulin glands are the tiny little yellow pockets of goodness in a hop cone that contain some essential ingredients for aroma and flavor in beer.

A libation is an alcoholic beverage, and of course beer fits into that category.

Lupulin Libations is dedicated to everything beer. I offer you a chance to have an experience with beer through my organized tasting sessions.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Busy Yet Fun Beer Evening

Last night I had quite the beer related evening. It started right after work and didn't end until I got home at midnight. While it indeed kept me busy, it sure was a lot of fun.

I started off by heading over to Great Waters right after work for dinner and a beer. For my meal, I ordered their Rueben sandwich. I will definitely say that if you like sauerkraut, you should try this sandwich! It was different than the Ruebens that most restaurants serve, and it was quite good. My beer of choice? I tried their new 3:10 Summer Ale. According to the Great Waters website, this beer is brewed with basswood honey, white wheat, malted oats, barley and chamomile. Wow! I really, really liked this beer. I'd give you details, but I was too busy enjoying it to care about taking notes. Definitely give it a try before it's gone.

After Great Waters, I made a trip over to The Four Firkins. I had been meaning to get over there for a month and a half, maybe even longer. Oh well, at least I finally got to make a visit last night. I shopped around for awhile (it always takes me a long time when I have a lot of beer options) and ended up leaving with a few beers that I'm pretty excited to try: New Holland Beerhive Tripel, Red Hook Big Ballard Imperial IPA, and Jopen Koyt.

From The Four Firkins I drove over to a 2 stall garage located in an alley behind a duplex in Uptown Minneapolis. This garage was the reason I decided to leave straight from work in the first place. (I didn't need to be there until 8:30, so I used my time wisely to visit the previous 2 beer zones.) My reason for visiting a garage? It is the brewhouse for 612Brew, one of Minnesota's newest brewing companies.

I went there to do a video interview with 4 of the partners in the company: Robert, Joe, Emily, and Ryan. My cameraman and I were there for quite a while chatting with them, even after the interview was done. These people are fun to visit with and are very friendly and open about their business intentions. They were also kind enough to share 2 of their beers with us: an IPA and Six, their pale ale. I won't go into too much detail about the beer right now, but I will say that they were both very tasty. I'm excited to have gotten the opportunity to meet with them, and the interview will be available for Lupulin Libations followers to watch within the next couple weeks.

It was a great beer night.

No comments:

Post a Comment