Lupulin Libations

The name says it all.

Lupulin glands are the tiny little yellow pockets of goodness in a hop cone that contain some essential ingredients for aroma and flavor in beer.

A libation is an alcoholic beverage, and of course beer fits into that category.

Lupulin Libations is dedicated to everything beer. I offer you a chance to have an experience with beer through my organized tasting sessions.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Central Waters Brewing Company

Man, this has been a good year for breweries starting distribution to Minnesota. The brewers must be recognizing our growing appreciation for craft beer. Deschutes is here now, Odell will be here next week, and another just started this week: Central Waters Brewing Company.

Central Waters is located in Amherst, Wisonsin and was founded in 1998. In 2000, they won a bronze medal at the World Beer Cup for their Kosmyk Charlie's Y2K Catastrophe Ale, which is a barleywine. I have heard good things about this brewery, but I personally have not had any of their beers yet. They have 7 year-round beers and a ton of seasonals.

As far as I'm concerned, it's a good thing whenever we get access to a new beer we've never had before. Don't fret, I will always support my local beers. They're my staple brews I can always count on. However, I also love to mix in a variety of beers I've never tasted before, because that's how I expand my palate. Check out your local liquor stores for any of these new visitors to Minnesota. I'm sure you'll enjoy trying them.

No comments:

Post a Comment