Lupulin Libations

The name says it all.

Lupulin glands are the tiny little yellow pockets of goodness in a hop cone that contain some essential ingredients for aroma and flavor in beer.

A libation is an alcoholic beverage, and of course beer fits into that category.

Lupulin Libations is dedicated to everything beer. I offer you a chance to have an experience with beer through my organized tasting sessions.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Odell Brewing

I was recently reading my favorite beer event site, mnbeer.com, and became excited when I saw that there would be an Odell Brewing Co. beer dinner at The Muddy Pig.

About 2 years ago, my family and I went to visit friends in Colorado. While we were there, they took us to a brewpub and 3 breweries. One of the breweries was Odell. We were not able to get a tour because we showed up too late, but we did get to sample many of the beers in their tasting room. From what I can remember, I was very impressed with their brews. When I found out that they did not distribute to Minnesota, I admit I was a little disappointed. I wondered if they would ever distribute here...

Fast forward to now, and the info about the Odell beer dinner made me curious. I did some email and internet research and got the answer I was looking for. Odell is starting distribution to Minnesota! It will be officially released here on May 3rd. If you're anything like me and like to taste new beers, start watching for Odell beers at your favorite liquor stores. If I remember my own experience correctly, you shouldn't be disappointed.

2 comments:

  1. We were just there (Odell's) last weekend. The beer is getting even better. You would have enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even better, huh? Yep, I would have definitely enjoyed it. I can't wait until next week when I'll be able to purchase some here.

    ReplyDelete