Lupulin Libations

The name says it all.

Lupulin glands are the tiny little yellow pockets of goodness in a hop cone that contain some essential ingredients for aroma and flavor in beer.

A libation is an alcoholic beverage, and of course beer fits into that category.

Lupulin Libations is dedicated to everything beer. I offer you a chance to have an experience with beer through my organized tasting sessions.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Kayak Kolsch in Draft Magazine

I like to visit all the Minnesota breweries' websites when I get a chance so I can keep up to date with their happenings and news. In the process of doing so, I recently found this cool tidbit from Lake Superior Brewing:

"While it may be a long way to spring here in the Twin Ports, that didn't stop Draft Magazine from selecting our Kayak Kolsch as one of its spring beer recommendations. Our brew rated a 93 - the highest among the story's featured Kolsch-style beers."

Here is what Draft Magazine had to say about Kayak Kolsch:

"Pouring a hazy, dark straw color with a bright white head that dissipates quickly, Kayak isn't the cleanest looking kolsch on the market, yet its aroma and flavor more than make up for this. Breathe deep to get an appealing mix of grainy, bready malts and earthiness in the nose. At the first sip, the soft mouthfeel perks the tip of the tongue as graininess emerges. As it runs across the tongue, this thirst-quenching brew neatly balances malts and hops, with a slight, additional fruity chardonnay quality that adds an enjoyable tang in the slowly drying finish."


Congrats to the brew crew at Lake Superior! I have been known to enjoy Kayak Kolsch on a hot summer day, and I've introduced it to friends that do the same. If you haven't already, give this beer a try. After reading this article, I know I'll have to revisit this for a beer session.

No comments:

Post a Comment