Lupulin Libations

The name says it all.

Lupulin glands are the tiny little yellow pockets of goodness in a hop cone that contain some essential ingredients for aroma and flavor in beer.

A libation is an alcoholic beverage, and of course beer fits into that category.

Lupulin Libations is dedicated to everything beer. I offer you a chance to have an experience with beer through my organized tasting sessions.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Iowa Beers

On my recent trip to Iowa, I did what I always do when I'm on a trip to another state. I searched for some beers that I can't access in our state of Minnesota.

I ended up purchasing some beers from 3 Iowa breweries. However, in my research after having purchased these beers I discovered that I can get one of these brands in Minnesota. Oh well, 2 out of 3 isn't bad.

Here are the breweries:

Hub City - This is the 1 of the 3 that is actually distributed in Minnesota. The brewery is located 5 miles east of Oelwein, Iowa. During the big years of the railroad, Oelwein served as a hub for three major branches of the Chicago Great Western Railway. Hence, the name "Hub City".

Olde Main - This is a brewpub in Ames, Iowa that also bottles beer for distribution throughout Iowa. I managed to purchase 3 varieties of their beer. As far as I can tell, their beers are only available in their home state.

Millstream - This brewery is operated in the Amana Colonies in Iowa. Here is a link about the Amana Colonies. This beer is also only in Iowa, if my internet research is correct...

I'm excited to try each of these beers. I'll do each of them as a beer session so all of you can hear what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment