Lupulin Libations

The name says it all.

Lupulin glands are the tiny little yellow pockets of goodness in a hop cone that contain some essential ingredients for aroma and flavor in beer.

A libation is an alcoholic beverage, and of course beer fits into that category.

Lupulin Libations is dedicated to everything beer. I offer you a chance to have an experience with beer through my organized tasting sessions.

Monday, February 1, 2010

New Belgium Ranger

Do you like the beers from New Belgium brewing? Are you also a fan of IPAs and wish that New Belgium would make something a little hoppier? Well, your wish has been fulfilled!

New Belgium's newest beer, Ranger, has arrived in the Twin Cities metro. And thanks to The Four Firkins email updates, I have been made aware of it! Ranger is supposed to be a true, american-style IPA. It has hops, hops and more hops. Is that enough lupulin for you?

Check out these links for more info:

2 comments:

  1. I was told New Belgium is changing all their logos to match the ranger beer. I was wondering what Mr. Beer thought of it. I think the logo makes it look cheap and they'll probably go back to their original logos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. Is that my new title? Mr. Beer? That might be copyright infringement ;) I think some breweries are trying to go with a more "modern" look. It usually entails simplifying the logo and/or label. I don't know if you can get Schell's in Colorado, but they have also modernized their labels. It seems that the breweries are opting for more bold easy-to-read labels instead of more artistic ones. I guess only time will tell if they're successful. I like the new Schell's labels, but I'm not sure about the Ranger label. Seems kind of boring to me.

    ReplyDelete